
Hello everyone. Here is the update of my crazy adventure.
On Monday I drove to Utah. Pretty exciting right? The weather was good. I sang a lot of songs. Listened to some country music in Idaho. Did some thinking. Okay a lot of thinking. Had some moments of boredom. I managed to hold myself together pretty well until I tried to get to my brother's house in Logan and got lost. At that point it had been twelve hours of driving and I couldn't take it much longer. I got a little pissy with him on the phone. We both recovered though :) Or at east I did. At his house I saw my little niece Josephine Rose for the first time. She is 1 month old and very cute. However, she is pretty lazy if you ask me. All she does is eat and sleep. She even goes as far as having her parents wipe her butt. I don't think you can get much lazier than that. I think it is time for her to grow up. The next day I went to school with Neil. He attends Utah State University in Logan. I attended two of his classes. The first was absolutly boring, but the second was fun. His teacher went to Oregon State University and we had a great converastion about football. Go Beavs! After a tour of the campus we walked home for lunch. I read the local newspaper there. The front page headline was that Logan is ranked the 9th safest metro city in the nation. I found this interesting and my attention was then drawn to the police report section of the paper. Which contained all of the law enforcement happenings for the weekend. I would like to share with you the following incident which was the most "extreme" incident over the weekend. The only other things that were mentioned were some health emergencies. Like seizures and low-blood sugar attacks. You know minor stuff like that:) Anyway back to "the incident" I am going to write this up as best as I can remember it. "Somebody broke into Snow Dormitory and stole a pumpkin. They then returned it damaged. After a police investigation the suspects confessed to the crime" I actually laughed outloud at this. Three questions........1. What exactly did they do to this pumpkin? Did they cut the top off, scoop out the cuts and cut holes into it? Just wondering 2. Who in their right mind would call the police over this incident? 3. Why would the police ever get involved in anything like this? They actually did an investigation.Just think about that.
Later in the afternoon I went and did an informational interview at LDS Family Services. The only there I am qualified to do is part time without benefits, nonetheless it learned some helpful information.
That evening I drove down to Marcey's where I will be staying. I think actually it the nicest place I have ever lived in. New, big and beautiful. Marcey and I are sharing the downstairs which is 2400 square feet. If I had friends and I liked having parties I would have one here. It would be perfect. There is enough room to play three games of Twister at one time. Not that I even like Twister, but it is the principle of the matter. I could if I wanted.
We went and visited Marcey's sister who is remodeling her house. I offered to help and she offered to pay me. That worked out pretty well on my part. I would have done it for free. Nice to have a little bit of income coming in. This morning I went over there and caulked and sanded. I had lots of fun. Seriously.
Now I am job searching. Well, actually I am writing an e-mail. But I get distracted easily So there is my update. Don't expect detailed reports like this every often. I just mostly wanted to tell you that all is well with me and I hope so with you as well. Keep in touch. Misty Rose
0 comments:
Post a Comment