On the 4th of July I went to a Topaz, a Japanense WWII Interment Camp. It is located about 17 miles outside of Delta, Utah. It is vitually untouched since it was closed in 1946. The local residents removed most of the shelters and used them for housing and barns, but everything else remainds. At first glance it appears to be any other field, but when we walked through it we found numerous artifacts, just on the surface. I can't imagine what you would find if you started digging.
You can click on the following link to learn more.

This next picture broke my heart. I can't imagine how torn these people felt about the war.


Here are some pictures of the artifacts we found.

This is a child's marble.




The remains of a garden.

The remains of a fork. I have heard that one of the frusterations of the prisoners was that they were not allowed to use culteral items, such as chopsticks.


1 comments:
Yo! I voted on your photo blog!
My new blog everyone can see is (not much is public on my personal blog) www.wheelingwoman.com
Post a Comment