11.12.2007

An Away Game in Your Own Stadium

I went to the Utah State vs. Boise State football on Saturday. Utah State has not won a game yet this season and Boise is nationally ranked. On a typical game day there is usually close to an empty stadium. Not during this game. About 15,000 Boise state fans came down to watch the show. There were only about 5,000 USU fans. It was sad really. All around you was a sea of orange and blue. I really had no issue with it as I am used to stadiums full of orange clad fans. Go Beavs! I just really felt bad for USU. At one point I heard a couple of teenagers commenting that it must be weird to go to an away game in your own stadium. Final Score? 0-52






While at the game I learned something interesting. Many of you might remember this man. That is right....it is Jonathan Garvey off Little House on the Prairie. He is also named Merlin Olson and is a Logan native and USU football Alumni. He went onto play for the LA Rams. I am guessing that the Aggies were not always terrible.


0 comments: