4.19.2008

Finally!- My 1/2 Marathon

I am finally blogging again. I can't believe that it has been almost two months since my last post. Things really have been happening. For example. I have been training for a 1/2 marathon and today was the actually race day. What brought this on? Well.....tomorrow I am turning 30. I am excited for this, but I also felt like I needed to leave my 20s with a bang and this is what came to mind. I think this will suffice. Right?

Overall is was great. Beautiful day, fun people, and a lot of cowbell ringing (this was a great motivator for me because it reminded me that I don't take care of myself I might as well wear one of those).

I am really proud of myself. I trained for four months, while at the same time working full time and going to grad school. Maybe this is why I haven't blogged in a while.

Would I do this again? At this moment in time....No. I am tired and ready for something new. A friend of mine mentioned taking golfing lessons and I think that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Here are some pics. They had professional photographers along the route and hopefully some of those will turn out. Marcey came and took these for me. It was fun having her come.


Does it look like I am having fun? If so, I was faking it. This was at the end of the race and my legs were Jello.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo!! Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Great Job Misty Rose
Love MOM

Dave & Katie Butler Family said...

You are looking great. Running a 1/2 marathon. I don't think I could run a 1/2 yard. :)

Elisa said...

Way to go Misty!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!!!!