So, in case you weren't aware, I bought a house. Mom came down and helped me during my big freak out. I couldn't have done it without her. It was pretty stressful, but I am all moved in now and loving it and oh boy, do I have plans.

The house was built in 1906 and is in a really cool historic neighborhood. It is right across the street from an 80 acre park. I will blog pictures of that later. It has a huge pond and a little amusement park (not the house, the park).

These are the branches of the huge maple tree in my front yard. Sometimes I like to go and hug it. I am from Washington you know.

And of course being from Washington I had to plan a tree of my own. This is a peach tree. It was fun to dig the hole and plant it. I felt like I was leaving a legacy of sorts.

My first project was to build a raised bed and plant a garden. The bed contains makings for salsa and the pots contain herbs. I was quite proud of myself on this one.

This is the plant that mom gave me as a housewarming gift. It is a hydrangea and I found a perfect place for it in front of the house. I can not wait until it blooms.

My back porch.


Bedroom. I will add more pictures of the inside later. I will probably do before/after pictures as I make improvements.
6 comments:
Dearest Misty Darling - I have missed you so. Seriously. I was so excited to see you today. I can't wait for our camera date and to see your new diggs!! These pics are great; thanks for sharing. We live really close now, you know. :) I'm just sayin...
Oh my gosh, I am so so happy for you. This is so cool. I mean I own a home, but my husband owned it before I was even in the picture. I'm jealous, I don't know why, but I am. Its so exciting. The tree, the garden. Love it. Want to see the inside.
Wow Misty! That is so exciting! So when are you having a housewarming?
Misty...I love your house! I would love it more if I were able to visit. It would look really awesome if you had a cute Beagle puppy named Star Dust or something along those lines....We will work on that for you :)
Hi Misty! Your house is beautiful! Congratulations!!! Are you by Liberty Park?
Hi Misty! Your house is beautiful! Congratulations!!! Are you by Liberty Park?
Post a Comment