Sorry, no pictures right now. My camera is working, but my computer is not. I am using somebody elses right now.
So.....I love my job. Here are some reasons: working downtown, being able to walk to Temple Square during my lunch break, being able to learn about something new, being excited to learn about those things, being able to make a contribution and help people, but working behind the scenes which means that nobody yells at me, ordering whatever supplies I need, my benefits, the connections I am making, feeling excited (and nervous) to work everyday, imagining how much I am going to learn the next couple of years.
The list could go on. I guess I need to formally explain what my job entails. I wasn't quite sure what I would be doing until I got there. Sometimes I am still not sure, but I am slowly figuring things out. This is a new position so I think we are all trying to figure it out. I work for the Court Improvement Program, under two federal grants. The grants are for training and data collection and analysis to help in improving the services between the courts and DCFS. It is my responsibilty to coordinate these efforts. What I have been doing the last couple of weeks is observing court, going to a lot of meetings around the state, reading a lot of stuff and meeting a lot of people. I was really nervous at first that my poor memory would make it difficult, but I am able to remember almost everything that I have learned. I think it is because I am extremely interested.
1.14.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Misty Rose
I am so happy for you.
Love MOM
Post a Comment