This morning mom and I got up early and walked down the the Conference Center to watch The Music and the Spoken Word. It was their Fourth of July concert, which meant that all the songs were patriotic and you had heard them before. Sometimes when you go there are only a few songs you recognize.

The music was wonderful! My favorite was when they sang the Battlehymn of the Republic.
We went to church in the middle of the day and then we went on a ride up to Park City. On the way into town we saw the Olympic ski jumps on the side of the mountain and decided to drive up and check them out. It was much more than I expected. They have a facility where in the summer months people can jump off the ski jump into a pool of water. Mom and I must have watched for over an hour.

They also had a 2002 Salt Lake Olympics museum. It was full of paraphernalia from the Olympics. Heather and I came down in 2002 and watched them and visiting this museum brought back a lot of good memories. The whole thing was a pleasant surprise.

The music was wonderful! My favorite was when they sang the Battlehymn of the Republic.
We went to church in the middle of the day and then we went on a ride up to Park City. On the way into town we saw the Olympic ski jumps on the side of the mountain and decided to drive up and check them out. It was much more than I expected. They have a facility where in the summer months people can jump off the ski jump into a pool of water. Mom and I must have watched for over an hour.
They also had a 2002 Salt Lake Olympics museum. It was full of paraphernalia from the Olympics. Heather and I came down in 2002 and watched them and visiting this museum brought back a lot of good memories. The whole thing was a pleasant surprise.
4 comments:
I always knew Mom is an olympian! I wish I was there with you guys.
Misty, I didn't know that Battlehymn was all one word...
Do I get to go on your next trip to Washington DC?
SO there is a bobsled you can sit in? I NEED to see it. Since I am going to be a bobsleder someday this is very important. lets find a way to work this in when we come in Oct.
Mindy
I will take you to see the bobsled. It was pretty cool.
Post a Comment