6.30.2008

Day Three- Mama & Misty's Vacation

Today was not particularly eventful, but I am trying to blog everyday that mom is here so everything must be mentioned.

It all started out with me walking to work so mom could use the car during the day. It was so stinking hot. By the time I got to work I sweating and not a pretty sight. I find this a frustrating way to start the day. I felt icky and had to keep looking in the mirror to see if I looked as terrible as I felt.

Work went by really fast. I spent the majority of the day putting the finishing touches on the grants that were due by 5pm. I usually enjoy formatting a good document, but doing that the entire day can grow really old. We finished everything and turned them in with about 30minutes to spare. What a relief to be done. Now all I have to do is go to work tomorrow and get ready to be gone for the next week.

After work I walked home. By the time I got there I was literally dripping sweat. It was disgusting and fascinating all at the same time. However, the sweating doesn't stop there. I had a golf lesson at seven and spent an hour out in the sun, swinging away at golf balls. It is hard to see the ball when you have sweat in your eyes. Sorry if I am grossing you out with all the sweat in this story, but I was HOT!!!

While I was at work mom was gallivanting about town doing in her words, "whatever I feel like." Good for her. She apparently went to an organ recital at the tabernacle, out to lunch at the Lion House Pantry, and took a tour of the Relief Society Building. Who knew she could be so independent :) She took some pictures and hopefully will put them on her blog.

I took mom with me to the golf lesson. While I was out there working my tail off she was sitting under an awning with water mist falling on her. What a hard life! She did manage to snap a picture of me with her camera. In this picture you can see me swinging and hitting the ball at least 250 yards. Do you believe that? Actually I hit it about 120yards, which got me really excited. It doesn't take much :)


Probably the most exciting thing that happened today was that Robert called and told us that Mindy was in labor. I am expecting that the next time I blog I will be a new aunt. This will make ten times for me. 5 nephews and 5 nieces. We Butlers sure can reproduce. We must have got it from our mother!

0 comments: