7.01.2008

Day Four-Mama and Misty's Vacation

Today my brother Robert and his wife Mindy had their first baby. He was born this morning and they named him Alestair Leimana Butler. A very English/Tongan name. He weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 21in. long. I am glad that he is here safe and sound. Always a great thing to have another Butler in the family. I am flying out in September to see him and am excited.

Mom came and visited me at work this morning. She got to meet a lot of my friends and co-workers and it was great having her there. Here she is in my cubie. Isn't this picture cute?


Then mom went on her way and spent the day going to This is the Place Heritage Park, saving my dying rose bush and doing my laundry. It was so nice of her and I really appreciated it.
She picked me up at work and we went to the Gateway to eat dinner and shop a little. At one point we ended up at Barnes and Noble and purchased some pretty interesting stuff to entertain ourselves. One of our great ideas was this deck of cards that have Commanders of the Civil War on them. We figured this was appropriate because we are going to Gettysburg on Thursday. I do know that it is really nerdy and possibly strange, but I also think it is highly entertaining.


Tomorrow we are headed off to Washington DC and I will be blogging from the hotel. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Till We Meet Again...Mindy said...

but his name is scottish/tongan...:)