Marcey took us to the airport early this morning. The flight went well and was fairly quick.
At the airport we picked up our rental car and I got talked into getting a GPS system, which ended up being a pretty fun and useful purchase. At first we couldn't get it to work and got lost, but then my miracle worker mother, who can barely open and email, figured out what was wrong and we were good to go.

Our hotel is a converted apartment building so the rooms are spacious and have a kitchen.


After a quick nap mom and I took a ride around downtown DC. There were about three times that I got so distracted looking around that I almost killed us. At this rate we will be lucky to survive. It was exciting to watch mom see the monuments for the first time. She was very cute about it.
While we were driving around we discovered that the hotel is within walking distance of Arlington National Cemetary and the Iwa Jima Memorial. I didn't have my camera on me during this time, but I am planning to get some good pictures before I leave.

All this while our GPS sytem was telling us where to go. I decided to name her Sally and she eventually led us to a grocery store where we bought food for the next week.
Tomorrow we are headed off to Gettysburg. I have been doing some studying on the topic and am looking forward to visiting with anticipation and solemnity.
0 comments:
Post a Comment