8.02.2008

Day Ten- Mama and Misty's Vacation

This day started early. We have family that live in Annapolis, MD that we haven't seen in a while so we decided to take the day to see them.

The plan was to take the Metro to the last stop closest to Annapolis. All went according to plan until I excited the train and realized that my phone had fallen out of my pocket and was now on its way back to DC. I would like to say that this would be a first for me, but this is something that is pretty typical of my personality. I used to lock my keys in the car all of the time, even with the car running, until I got keyless entry which makes it almost impossible. Hopefully.

To make a long story short, I did get my keys back. A man found them on the train and called the last number I dialed, which was Steve and Brigitte, our famliy in Annapolis. We worked it out that he would drop the phone off on his way back from work later that night. Whew!

Steve and Brigitte picked us up from the Metro and we went forth into the rest of the day visiting each other and seeing the sights. I fell in love with Anapolis. It is a beautiful city on the water and I can see why they live there.



Steve and Brigitte live in a 200 year old restored house. It was so neat to see the house and think about the history. I think this is a cute picture of them.

The city sits on the Cheasapeake bay and very walker friendly. We spent the morning walking around enjoying the fresh air and beauty.

The US Naval Academy is in Annapolis and was also very beautiful. There is something very special about traditions and this what I thought about as we visited. I imagined all of the men and woman who attended this school and over the years have carried on traditions.

After our walking tour we went on a driving tour to the North Shore. The drive was so much fun and unlike any other scenary I have ever seen.

I enjoyed taking as many pictures as possible. I seriously have about 20 pictures of this tree. It was like I was possessed.

The day was wonderful and I am so glad that we made the time to visit our family, our friends. They were gracious hosts and it couldn't have been any better. Thank you Steve and Brigitte. We love you!

0 comments: