12.06.2006

Golden Spike National Historic Site


So I finally got to go to the Golden Spike National Historic Site. And I found some suckers to go with me (It is usually hard to find people to participate in historial roadtrips). For those of you who do not know what this is and I can't imagine why you wouldn't. It is where the east and the west builders of the transcontinental railroad met in 1869. I have actually been wanting to see this for a long time.

The suckers. Danelle, Marcey and Josie. Yes there is a baby in there.



This a natural made arch that ran next to the tracks. They dedicated it to the chinese workers that helped construct the railroad.



I liked this set of pictures because the one on the top was taken the day before the event and the one on the bottom was taken by me. You can see the same mountains in the background. I am sure that this excites you as much as it excites me.

The road on the way up to the historic site. This is what Utah looks like or did look like before they built everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvwZbvXlgb4

Part of the old railway that they created by dynamyting the mountain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b785e9MaTYg

1 comments:

Bonnie B said...

I think it's cool too. You know I like history too. I bet you patted yourself on the back for those last two pictures, lining them all up so nicely. Here's one from me. . . pat, pat, pat.