12.06.2006

Hot Chocolate Extravaganza

The day after Thanksgiving was quite possibly the longest , coldest day of my life. I am still trying to recover. Neil asked me the week before if I would help him handout hot chocolate and sell newspapers. Like a good sister I said yes. However, he failed to mention that we had to be outside ShopKo at 3:30am set up the hot chocolate for the crazy people who had been waiting in line almost all night to buy cheap crap.
After going to bed at midnight I rolled off the couch at three and entered into the freezing cold night. We passed out hot chocolate for about 5 hours to about 1000 people. It must have been about 10 degrees. My body doesn't do that very well and I became very miserable and grumpy (short trip). The only relief was entering the store for a couple of minutes. Which was a nightmare because there were people pushing and shoving.

One of my favorite parts was when Neil borrowed my car to pick up some coffee. When he came back he was apologizing profusly because he had spilt the coffee all over the inside of my new car. I will give him credit because he was very sorry for the whole thing. I wasn't really upset at him, just very cold and now my car smells like coffe.

Interesting note: Being in Utah we handed out 20 coolers of hot chocolate compared to half of the cooler of coffee. I am sure it would be opposite in the Northwest.
Neil mixing the hot chocolate. We forgot a spoon.
Would you drink this cup of hot chocolate? I was so cold I drank about 10. Not so good on a lactose intollerant stomach.

0 comments: